FAQ on Cloud
Clearing The Fog From The Cloud
Our FAQ below will answer the top five questions about The Cloud or SaaS Software
The Cloud, SaaS or Web-Based can be daunting terms, but don’t be afraid, most of you have been using The Cloud for years and have not realized it.
When evaluating The Cloud for your business, it is important to understand KeyedIn’s approach to service, delivery infrastructure, policies, and procedures. You also need to ensure that we can deliver 24/7 service with high performance and availability.
Our applications are built on an infrastructure that provides the security, performance, and reliability normally found in only the most sophisticated IT departments. The Cloud model allows companies of all shapes and sizes to leverage this infrastructure, which would otherwise be out of reach for most.
The top five questions about The Cloud focus on performance, availability, security, upgrades and integration with existing applications.
KeyedIn answers the top five questions on performance, availability, security, upgrades and integration with existing applications in the Cloud:
- What devices or browsers can I use?
- Will the application always be available?
- Is my data secure?
- Does owning a SAAS based application eliminate the need for hardware?
- What kind of Internet connection is needed?
What devices or browsers can I use?
The benefit of our cloud based solutions is that they work on the majority of standard tablets, laptops, workstations and mobile phones that most people already have, removing the need to spend budget to purchase new hardware.Most of our solutions will work on all industry standard browsers, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Google Chrome. By having this ability you can use your cloud based solution anytime, anywhere and on any device.
Will the application always be available?
At KeyedIn, our availability is our reputation. From our world class hosting sites to our consistent monitoring, we are working when most people have gone to bed to keep our applications running and accessible.
- Hosting site with reliable power, cooling, and network infrastructure
- High-availability infrastructure, including networking, server infrastructure, and software
- N+1 redundancy
- Detailed historical availability data.
Is my data secure?
Your data is your business and at KeyedIn, security is more than just user privileges and password policies. It’s a business imperative.
- Our Servers and network infrastructure are located in world class tier III datacenters and have to be SSAE16 audited.
- Network connectivity is provided Global Tier-1 IP Networks.
- 128 bit SSL data encryption
- Yearly penetration testing of the application by third party.
- 24 x7 monitoring of the application for any threats to your data.
Does owning a Cloud based application eliminate the need for hardware?
With Cloud applications, customers do not have to buy server and network infrastructure related to the application. This brings down the total cost of ownership compared to other traditional deployment methods. You will need workstations, mobile devices and have the ability to connect to the internet.
What kind of Internet connection is needed?
In normal day to day transaction processing the user can use any standard internet connection including today’s mobile hotspots. Because all the work is being done on our servers, there is not a large amount of data being pushed back and forth. If you do plan on doing uploads of lots of pictures or downloads of large reports you need to plan accordingly to handle the amount of data that you will be transferring.