KeyedIn answers your top questions about fast and flexible cloud application development:
- What do you mean by “flexible cloud application development”?
- Why should I use a platform to create applications instead of a development tool?
- What are some Konfigure® features that can help me build my application?
- How does Konfigure help me create the application processes?
- What types of applications can I create with Konfigure?
- What are the main differences between Konfigure and other application development solutions?
- What do I get with Konfigure?
- How does Konfigure benefit the software vendor or internal software developer?
- How does Konfigure benefit the non-technical business user?
- How is workflow handled in Konfigure?
- Will my data be secure in the cloud?
- Is Konfigure scalable? Can it integrate with other applications?
- What is the pricing model?
What do you mean by “flexible cloud application development”?
Flexible cloud application development gives the business or IT professional a platform (not just a point tool) containing the necessary building blocks to configure new applications in a much easier manner. Note that we used the word “configure” not “code” because there is no coding involved in the new flexible RAD cloud application model. The developer or business professional can use simple, yet highly sophisticated, drag and drop tools.
Why should I use a platform to create applications instead of a development tool?
- A cloud application platform allows you to build and deploy fully-functional web applications with no coding via a drag-and-drop environment.
- You achieve extremely fast deployment with no infrastructure requirements or expenses.
- Drag and drop modeling and design tools allow you to rapidly and intuitively define your processes.
- A comprehensive integrated Platform as a Service (PaaS) eliminates the problem of purchasing, installing, maintaining, and learning multiple disparate hardware and software environments.
- Extremely fast release cycles mean that your users reap the benefits of new features instantly.
What are some Konfigure® features that can help me build my application?
Here are just a few of the features users find most helpful in the design and build phase:
- Drag and drop form designer
- Custom searchable grids and reports
- Rich dashboards with charts and grids
- Responsive AJAX forms
- Tabs, panels, grids and lists
- Automatic SQL Server database builder
- Intuitive one click customization
How does Konfigure help me create the application processes?
Workflow and BPM (Business Process Management) integration are examples of the strongest aspects of Konfigure Here is some of what you get:
- Easy to use BPM and workflow designer
- Drag and drop to build your logic
- Easy data - no queries, SQL or XML
- Dynamic process driven AXAJ forms
- Assignment, emails, updates, decisions
- User/event driven processes
What types of applications can I create with Konfigure?
Although the list of uses is almost endless, here are some general categories of what you can accomplish:
- Organizations can create specific applications for internal use. This can be as simple as a time tracking tool or as complex as a complete personnel management system.
- Independent software vendors (ISVs) utilize Konfigure to create and deliver solutions much more quickly and cost effectively. Examples include CRM, supply chain, HR, accounting and ERP, as well as narrowly targeted vertical solutions.
- Companies of all types use Konfigure to help move existing applications to the cloud while retaining the domain knowledge and best practices of the legacy application.
- Internal departments and ISVs use the Platform as a Service (PaaS) components like workflow and integration, to increase existing product functionality and usability.
What are the main differences between Konfigure and other application development solutions?
With Konfigure, you are able to configure your application (including workflow processes) and eliminate the complexities of coding. You receive all the components you need to test and deploy the application and correct bugs and other fixes quickly. Users also love the fact they don’t have to worry about the headaches and expenses of purchasing and maintaining the hardware and software infrastructure requirements. These robust features are a standard part of Konfigure.
What do I get with Konfigure?
There are three major components included:
- Application/Interface (user experience) – the building blocks (forms, fields, grids, lists, reports, etc.) that allow you to configure an application that best serves the needs of the business and requirements of the end-users.
- Process/BPM Designer – a drag and drop workflow creation tool that contains all the essential elements including: user and data-driven workflow, timeouts and scheduling, event-based and sub-processes, user tracking, and KPIs.
- Infrastructure – features include: database, storage, security, permissions management, scalability and extensibility to third-party applications.
How does Konfigure benefit the software vendor or internal software developer?
Konfigure gives many software developers a quick and powerful way to create and deploy their applications in the cloud. This not only allows the developer to cut costs and deploy applications quickly, but it also allows them to become more competitive, either in the marketplace or with the competition for internal resources.
How does Konfigure benefit the non-technical business user?
For many years, business users and some IT professionals have been frustrated by the complexities of the traditional application development process. They need the latest and greatest functionality but don’t have the time, patience or financial resources to learn and purchase the new software tools and the infrastructure they need to deploy applications. This is where Konfigure can provide a major benefit. The solution is designed for those who need the power of customized solutions without the need for coding or infrastructure management.
How is workflow handled in Konfigure?
Great applications are a combination of an intuitive interface, effective data management and efficient workflow processes. One of the greatest strengths of Konfigure is the fact that workflow creation features are fully integrated with the application interface and infrastructure components. Technical and non-technical users appreciate the intuitive and easy-to-use forms creator and workflow designer features that allow for a rapid and intuitive definition of processes today and the ability to easily evolve these processes as business needs dictate.
Will my data be secure in the cloud?
Absolutely secure. The cloud has been around in some form since the early days of the Internet and has migrated from ASP to hosting to SaaS. Most of us now bank, arrange travel, communicate, and conduct commerce over cloud applications and platforms. In fact, data maintained at our SAS 70 data center is usually more secure than is found in internal corporate operations. We also provide you with great security features like the ability to set security permissions to manage which users are able to see specific data, forms and workflow steps.
Is Konfigure scalable? Can it integrate with other applications?
We make it easy for you to scale and integrate. You can call any web service and integrate with existing systems and databases via our integration tool. Additionally, any Konfigure process can be executed via a web service call.
What is the pricing model?
When compared to traditional application development tools, Konfigure is much more cost-effective. Since each implementation is unique, we would like the opportunity to price your solution in a way that meets your requirements. Please call us at 877-932-4402, and we will respond to your request.