Project management’s ultimate objective is focused on completion and delivery. That makes sense, as it’s outcomes that matter most. From the project success standpoint, there’s opportunity to optimise resource and financial management, advantaging current and planned projects.
To make this happen, clear visibility into resource capability, project status and financial performance, in a standardised format is an absolute necessity. Cloud-based project portfolio management (PPM) software will facilitate this, incorporating all resources utilised per project, as well standardised project status reporting, deliverables and forecasting.
But with all this useful information’s collected – now for the optimisation:
See It – Real-time visibility is vital to PPM. A single, centralised repository of all collected project information across an organisation creates the reporting hub.
Show It – As-it-happens reporting available through permission-based dashboards to the project resource team, project and programme management, and those in the executive suite. Each reporting level is enabled for drill down to each component below, providing transparency beneficial to all involved in each capacity.
Stew It – Strategy time: the project portfolio management team can analyse and allocate resources where and when needed. Financial management can monitor planned versus actual, per project’s impact in context of the entire portfolio. Senior management is in the know for pan-organisational planning.
Stow It – Often an equally valuable component of an accurate project status report are the blueprints they provide. Having archived details of past projects offers opportunity to replicate successes (while avoid failures). Many organisations lack depth in this ability, compounding ongoing competitive disadvantages. Fix this problem with cloud-based project portfolio management software, and all project components line-up for the business’s benefit.
- Businesses Turn to Agile Principles for Improved Resource... Henry Bennett
- Challenges and Solutions from an Expert PMO Leader Welcome... Henry Bennett
- Businesses Embrace Agile to Thrive in any Environment Even... Henry Bennett
- 5 Answers to Your Most Important Change Management Questions Henry Bennett
- How can Top-Down Portfolio Management Solutions help... Henry Bennett
- PMO and Organizational Transformation: Crossing the... Henry Bennett
- How project portfolio planning software helps you pivot,... Henry Bennett
- Simplify Agile Adoption and Portfolio-Level... Henry Bennett
- And Then There Was One While the pandemic of 2020 slowed... Shawn Dickerson